Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sometimes What You Do Not Know Is A Blessing

About a month ago I was rear ended. The details don't really matter. The impact from the accident had me going to get message therapy. The therapy was not doing what it should have normally done: help me feel better. So they referred to a Chiropractor. On my first visit to him, he took X-rays of my back and shoulder. Yesterday I went back to talk about the X-rays and treatment. I won't bore you with all the results; but what really caught my attention; he asked me when I broke my neck. "I never broke my neck", I replied. He went on to show me the X-ray which showed a fracture line in my neck. After I left, I got to thinking, how would I have lived my life differently, if I had known that I had broken my neck. Would I have babied myself? How many Roller Coasters would I have not ridden on if I had known that I had once broken my neck? The point is, I believe that I have lived a happier life because I did not know that I had once broken my neck. We live in a age where we as people want to know everything about everyone, including our selves. We cry, "I have a right to know"! But do we? Sometimes I wonder if we would be a little happier as people, if we did not know everything about everyone. Sometimes God limits our knowledge like a loving parent. protecting us from ourselves. Because He wants us to live the best life possible. And you know what, after yesterday, I'm okay with that.

No comments: